An old proverb states that the foolish person puts faith in every word, which means that he trusts everything he is told. However, today there are very few people in whom they have true speech.
The use of technology has encouraged the rapid spread of false information. This has resulted in many people becoming alarmed and even endangering their personal data and other private information.
The same has happened when it comes to installing applications on the cell phone. It is true that, in general, we want to be up to date with technology and that we want to have different functions that allow us to carry out a large number of activities in the comfort of our home, from our mobile phone.
However, the same principle of the proverb applies in this particular, since it is not advisable to install any application that crosses our path, why? Because many time these applications generate inconveniences, by using, without authorization, certain personal data.
Now, can you imagine everything that can happen if your personal information reaches the hands of malicious people? You could suffer identity plagiarism, cloning of personal documents, bank documents; defraud your contacts, among many other things.
For this reason, before installing an application, it is important that you are aware of the privacy policies that it uses. But what else should you know? Of course, the ideal is that you have knowledge of which are the most malicious applications that exist, so that you do not expose yourself to any of these dangers.
In this short article you will be able to find out about the 5 most malicious apps of 2022. In addition, you will know how they operate and what you can do to protect yourself. Therefore, continue reading until the end and prevent this situation.
Some specialists in the matter affirm that most of these applications are in charge of offering users entertainment services, such as editors or players of videos, photos, games and even news platforms.
Unfortunately, although Google and Apple have their own security measures to prevent the arrival of these types of applications in their stores, none of them have managed to stop them completely. Which means that they are not able to guarantee that all the applications they host are safe and reliable?
Some of the most malicious applications, of 2022, are the following:
- Player & wallpaper.
- Video Maker.
- super flash light
Now, why are they considered malicious? What is the damage they can cause? We will be looking at it below.
What do you need
They are considered malicious because all these applications have a type of malware, which is specifically designed to steal the user’s Facebook credentials.
Its way of working is this:
- The application takes care of waiting patiently until the user opens an application that has been created by Facebook , such as What Sapp, Integra or
- As soon as it is detected, it opens a new browser tab in which a Facebook login page is displayed. However, as expected, it is totally false.
- In order to give an image of veracity, the page shows the application that the user wants to launch, at the top.
- In case you fall for this cunning trick and enter your access data to the application, the malware that is present in it copies them and sends them directly to a specific server. Your data will have fallen into the wrong hands and you have been exposed.
Despite technological progress and the fact that many of these applications have been eliminated, these types of applications continue to work very well these days. This, given that they know how to acquire a certain credibility so that users continue to take the bait.
However, what can you do to protect yourself from these applications and avoid future problems? Let’s see it.
- The first thing you have to do is not to use download sites. Keep in mind that the more popular the site is, the more likely it is to infect your computer with some strange program.
- Whenever you are going to download, do it from the original website. You can also use tools like Ninety, which are safe and give you the opportunity to download multiple programs.
- Use the network to check if you are already infected by any computer virus.
- Update your antivirus constantly, just like your operating system. Remember that there are very good free antiviruses that you can use.
- Carefully read the privacy policies and the licenses that you will give to the application before clicking the Install button.
- The best thing you can do is pay for the Software you want to use.
In case you are already infected, you should reinstall Windows from scratch. This is the only guarantee you have that you haven’t overlooked anything and that you haven’t left any residual mess behind.
In case you have any malicious app, remove it immediately and, if you think your Facebook login credentials have been compromised, you should change them as soon as possible. You can do this by pressing the Password button or the Recovery Media option.
Don’t be the next victim of these malicious apps. Protect your identity and your personal data. This way you will be acting responsibly and you will not expose yourself unnecessarily.